Wednesday, April 12, 2006

10 + 32 = 42


Was looking at Moses, what they called the Ten Commandments. Personally I have somewhat of a conundrum with accepting just ten after my reading of Das Totenbuch des Nacht-Amun aus der Ramessidenzeit translated by E.A. Wallis Budge. Also know as the Papyrus of Ani and the Egyptian Book of the dead. None the less, I was watching that shit, not like Charleston Heston acting wise, but good still. Now before I go further, I would like to add that I do not support the context of image for the sake of historical inaccuracy. Because it was one of the main reasons I watched.

First there is the massive collection of strangely stringy and denatured protein hair having Europeans who obviously lack the pigmentation to exist in a healthy manner in the horn of Africa. But that didn’t take away from the movie, I just found it hard to call it the Ten Commandments like I stated previously because it seemed to be more about Moses than the theft involved in ganking ten selected commandments from the 42 negative confessions from the Papyrus of Ani – also known as The Book of Coming Forth by Day. Some of these can be read below:

Hail, Usekh-nemmt, who comest forth from Anu, I have not committed sin.
Hail, Hept-khet, who comest forth from Kher-aha, I have not committed robbery with violence.
Hail, Fenti, who comest forth from Khemenu, I have not stolen.
Hail, Am-khaibit, who comest forth from Qernet, I have not slain men and women.
Hail, Neha-her, who comest forth from Rasta, I have not stolen grain.
Hail, Ruruti, who comest forth from heaven, I have not purloined offerings.
Hail, Arfi-em-khet, who comest forth from Suat, I have not stolen the property of God.
Hail, Neba, who comest and goest, I have not uttered lies.
Hail, Set-qesu, who comest forth from Hensu, I have not carried away food.
Hail, Utu-nesert, who comest forth from Het-ka-Ptah, I have not uttered curses.
Hail, Qerrti, who comest forth from Amentet, I have not committed adultery, I have not lain with men.


How many of these made the top ten and why were the ones that id selected/stolen in the first place? Also, what does this mean, well the truth is that the Ten Commandments were more than ten and were really negative confessions developed and practiced by African civilizations centuries before Christianity and or the establishment of Christian Europe (B.C.E. – before Christian Europe). These were not laws that people had to attend to when living, but more so when they died and confronted the creator for acceptance into the next phase of bliss in the hereafter.

So it was nice to test my historical savvy in so many words as well as look at a television movie or show that did not have any guns, explosions and half-naked women shaking their asses. I still can’t consider the movie being about the Ten Commandments when mathematically speaking 10 + 32 = 42.

6 comments:

Stephen A. Bess said...

That's interesting! I have always heard of the lost books, but I have never explored them. Thanks for the knowledge.

Anonymous said...

On Point! So many indigenous cultures around the world were already set with their basic codes of instruction long before Christianity became a thought! I have respect for all cultures and religions, but it never ceases to amaze me how Christianity has managed to veer away from its very core teachings and is used as a tool to hate, enslave and eradicate. Don't get me started on examples, LOL!

Adei von K said...

Once again, a wonderful post. Christianity is a baby in a world sense and the most diluted as well. Between King James, various crusades, reformations and what not, it is not surprising to find out that the 10 Commandments really aren't. As a matter of fact, on Good Friday, I sent a message to the masses about two commandments deemed the most important and I got flack b/c they weren't part of the "original" 10. Riiiiiiight

Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»

oakleyses said...

jimmy choo shoes, insanity workout, ugg soldes, nike trainers, canada goose outlet, ugg boots, north face jackets, lululemon outlet, canada goose outlet, herve leger, ugg boots clearance, hollister, north face jackets, mont blanc pens, giuseppe zanotti, replica watches, vans outlet, nfl jerseys, new balance outlet, birkin bag, celine handbags, ghd, soccer shoes, ugg outlet, wedding dresses, ugg outlet, mcm handbags, ferragamo shoes, instyler ionic styler, longchamp, marc jacobs outlet, chi flat iron, soccer jerseys, uggs outlet, canada goose outlet, valentino shoes, p90x workout, mac cosmetics, asics shoes, beats headphones, reebok shoes, ugg, nike roshe, babyliss, bottega veneta, abercrombie and fitch, nike huarache, canada goose, uggs on sale

oakleyses said...

canada goose pas cher, juicy couture outlet, air max, ray ban, lancel, moncler, supra shoes, oakley, converse shoes, converse, vans, uggs canada, coach outlet, pandora uk, canada goose, moncler outlet, ugg, louis vuitton canada, moncler, hollister clothing, toms outlet, swarovski jewelry, swarovski uk, montre femme, moncler, pandora charms, louboutin, hollister, karen millen, ralph lauren, iphone 6 case, baseball bats, canada goose, hollister canada, moncler outlet, pandora jewelry, thomas sabo uk, moncler, parajumpers outlet, links of london uk, nike air max, gucci, canada goose, wedding dress, replica watches, timberland shoes, juicy couture outlet, moncler