Saturday, February 11, 2006

these niggas shootin' again

Yesterday, I was consuming food and beverage in a favorite as well as conveintly located venue after work. It was Friday, and I was preparing for the weekend. Mind that, I had just finished an essay a few day earlier on the stupidity associated with some folks in lieu of having seemingly infinite fiscal resources. What happened?

Well, after meeting with my folk, I was preparing to leave for the cut. As I was exiting, a kid down with this rap clique in the ATL limped in coming through the door. He and a few of his folks, who were recognizable to me by name, sat across from me the whole time as I read the wall street journal and drinking a Pabst Blue Ribbon 16 oz. They consumed pink colored drinks which I concluded were cranberry juice and Grey Goose. Any who, he limped passed me; dripping blood on the floor of the restaurant from is right leg/foot. I had heard four pops outside, but I paid it no attention, but was now reminicing on the sound formulating that they could have been the sounds of either a four-pound or nine double M’s going off.

His folk passed me running up the street saying that he was gone kill them mother fuckas while at the same time, his boys pulled up in a suburban, helped they folk in the car, and speed off. Now I’m still walking to my truck. And see another man (innocent by-stander) shot lying between two cars parked next to my vehicle. As I’m looking at Jones, and telling his folk in the barbershop behind me to get him some blankets to help prevent hypothermia from setting in cause its cold and he bleeding all through his shirts, i'm just tripping.

My home boy, who owns a recording studio less than a block away from all of this, walks up and asked me what had happened. I told him and he said “Damn, these niggas shooting again; it’s hot around here, L (innocent by-stander) got shot last night, punk ass nigga shot him in the back.” The story was that he was trying to help another aquaintance of ours, the little brother of a popular singer who had done a song with a popular rapper in the city, who the boy who had been helped to the car was folk with. He says they were trying to rob him. I won’t go into any other details, for the sake of my folk who are really on the sideline. But when will all this stupidity stop. Seems like the adage – the more money the more problems – maybe true, But on the real, it is our feculent stupidity that continues this trend of urban violence. And the and thing is, that if it is beef, it aint edible and it’s unfortunately connected to people who want to be gangsters for no apparent reason. Nothing wrong with being hard, but there is something wrong with not being smart.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

You know it's getting sad . I witnessed a shooting last friday myself. No one is safe now.

Stephen A. Bess said...

I was watching this special on the prison system over the weekend. This one prisoner (last name Italian) was speaking on how to be a gangster. He spoke of his father who was a small time mafia type "back east." He said that his father once told him that the young men today don't know how to be 'proper gangsters.' He went on to say that there are too many thugs on the street and not enough gangsters. He said that thugs come and go but a proper gangster is about the money and avoid trouble. This is especially true when it comes to women and children. This stuff out here today is crazy! They find beauty in the hideous.

Anonymous said...

Yo niggaz is crazy man! Im not sure who to point the finger at now a days. We are exploiting ignorance at an intolerable rate and the $hit aint funny no more!!! Im hearing "Its the rappers, its the rap music, the videos! Listen, real is real and behind every egotistic rapper is a poverty beaten brother. (with the exception of very few) Thing is, we want the whole world to see and feel our pain so we magnify the violence, make the killings more obvious, glorify it in the music, and we actually want people to see us dumbing out?! What the fuck?? IGNO-RATS! Dont get me wrong, I understand the cause, I know why and where the pain comes from, and I know who instilled the ignorance. What I dont know is how long will we sit in the blood? Yes we are wounded and in pain, but we have to eliminate as many IGNO-RATS as possible and begin an effective healing process. This $hit has gotta stop. Holla atcha boy, Im here! Peace!

Drea Inspired said...

It's so sad that this has become so common place in our communities that the first thing we say when we hear that someone we know or someone around the way got shot is "Damn! These niggas shootin' again."

Why does it have to be like this? Are we so apathetic and bored with our place in society that the only thing left to do is kill each other? We gotta do better.

Anonymous said...

Couldn’t be written any better. Reading this post reminds me of my old room mate! He always kept talking about this. I will forward this article to him. Pretty sure he will have a good read. Thanks for sharing! Jose , california auto insurance

Toby said...

Goodness, there is a lot of worthwhile info in this post!
dress websites | Halifax airport | pays Quebec

oakleyses said...

v

oakleyses said...

jimmy choo shoes, insanity workout, ugg soldes, nike trainers, canada goose outlet, ugg boots, north face jackets, lululemon outlet, canada goose outlet, herve leger, ugg boots clearance, hollister, north face jackets, mont blanc pens, giuseppe zanotti, replica watches, vans outlet, nfl jerseys, new balance outlet, birkin bag, celine handbags, ghd, soccer shoes, ugg outlet, wedding dresses, ugg outlet, mcm handbags, ferragamo shoes, instyler ionic styler, longchamp, marc jacobs outlet, chi flat iron, soccer jerseys, uggs outlet, canada goose outlet, valentino shoes, p90x workout, mac cosmetics, asics shoes, beats headphones, reebok shoes, ugg, nike roshe, babyliss, bottega veneta, abercrombie and fitch, nike huarache, canada goose, uggs on sale