Tuesday, January 06, 2009

In Battle with Apophis

I will not go into how I was awarded the name of All Mi T, but over the last 30 days, I will say I think I have given that label the recognition of its real value via perseverance, fortitude and commitment. I mean from what happened to me and my boy, to the current economic quagmire, the window in my truck being shot out when my son had the truck at a party, to my run in with twelve (believe me) to my shop getting beasted; prior to that my vehicle getting impounded and today finding out my great Aunt Peedy died РI must say I am in great spirits albeit a little bit angry as well as sad. But I have also realized that I am in a battle, and for lack of a clich̩ like phrase Рof good versus evil.

Let me tell you a little bout evil. Its only desire is to distract, distort and throw you off your path. Evil is selfish and will try to bring you to the point of doubt and self pity. In simple terms it breeds fear and inaction. Now I aint no pretty boy, nor am I without sin or iniquity, but I am a good person and the spirit in me dictates a smile feels a lot better and more enjoyable than a frown any day. In concert as I have said before, that I am a blessed mutha fucka and any day is a good day to die, my goodness must show and engage in combat when confro9nted, in particular by evil. A lot of folks see evil and turn the other way as opposed to letting the righteousness of good in their heart lead the way. They can follow a great civil rights leader in an effort of freedom, but when alone, thay cannot nor will not take the same action by their lonesome.

I don’t know how to translate what I feel. Not like I am a mythical figure or something, but it is as if I am Ra, the Kemetic (Egyptian) Sun God in a battle with my arch adversary Apophis - not the asteroid names after this figure expected in 2029, but Apophis, the embodiment of “dissolution, darkness and non-being”. The ancient Egyptians retorted that Apophis needed no nourishment other than to "breathe" his own shouts. They say that Ra even enlisted the services of Seth to deal with Apophis. He was once a sun-god before being replaced by Ra and creeps in the waters of the Celestial Nile.

I feel as if Ra, each day I have to fight with Apophis, as he tries to eat me and prevent sunshine. Kemetic mythologies say that when he succeeds in his daily attempts, there is a solar eclipse. But I feel as on most days when Ra and his companion stabbed him with knives and spears and defeated him, I too will defeat evil.

All I am saying is that times are hard and obstacles will be the equivalent of infinity in math. So no matter what happens to me, I live life with love in my hard and will not have any debts to pity or sorry or self-doubt, and neither should anyone else. Yep, All Mi T is in an incessant battle with Apophis and as Pato Banton said in two of his songs “Life is a Struggle but never give in” and “settle Satan, settle Satan”. Keep your heads up folk and have a blessed 2009 – I know folk here will, as i listen to Gil Scott Heron - Legend in His Own Mind.

Addendum. Thanks to Clumps of Mascera and HBW for stopping by my shop Saturday and happy nappy birthday to my folk Kennie88.

27 comments:

NoRegrets said...

Fight on!

I love this quote:
obstacles will be the equivalent of infinity in math

Sista GP said...

Sending condolences to you and your fam. Mom told me earlier.

You are right about evil and distraction. It appears the better you become spiritually, the more problems head your way.

KELSO'S NUTS said...

Buddy: You've always got a lifeline down here. You're allowed to just go to Hartsfield with the kids and get three non-stops to Tocumen on Delta. Plenty of room and privacy for everybody. Nice safe haven to have in the wallet just in case. Don't always have to be All-Mi-T. Jones works too.

Tu amigo de corazon,

K

Lina said...

Thats fucked up that all that shit is happening all at once. However, its times when it all comes at once that only the strong survive. So keep do what you doing, and I'll keep you in my prayers.

Rich Fitzgerald said...

March on soldier!

RealHustla said...

"Greater is he that is in me than he that is in the world."

As a Christian, this is something that I believe. This is why I can walk into the fire and stand strong when fire is thrown at me. It is why I'm slow to faint and cry, and why most of the times, before tears come, the solution has already arrived. It's why when I actually cry, the tears are justified, because I have been through and survived what most would cower from. My courage comes from my belief that I am carried most times and do not walk alone. Imagine me in one of those little baby carriers strapped to my father's chest resting peacefully while he goes about his day handling the necessary business no doubt for the benefit of me and my family. It's a nice place to be.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your lose.

Glad you keep your head on your shoulders. Not that you wouldn't anyway... But it is great that you are in good spirits.

March On.

Mo said...

haven't been here in a awhile but i must say this was a great post to come back to.

Unknown said...

well said.

msladyDeborah said...

I am sorry to hear about your aunt. But to be absent from the body is to be in the presence of the Lord.

You were on my mind pretty heavy the other day. I said a word of prayer for you and yours.

We are always in a battle against evil. You know that. And you know that you have folks around you who can and will intercede in prayer for you whenever you need it.

Hang in there T! The press just makes you grow stronger spiritually! You know that God did not give us the spirit of fear, but the Lord has given us power.

Anonymous said...

Just keep your axes sharp Torrance.

Life is war, we're all in the trenches. You're equiped to handle it, gone and do it! You'll come shining through.

My prayers are with you and your loved ones.

Hampton06 said...

happy new year man! did they catch the fools who broke into your spot?

rainywalker said...

In real life RA must be very, very good to beat Apophis. This is a sad world when good people get speared in the ass by the scum on the street with a brick! May your Aunt rest in peace.

Saule Wright said...

Hey jones, glad you are standing tall in the face of adversity. As one of the Original Kings of the first society, you got it honest man. Continue to be the beacon for your son a standout light in this world so that others too can do the same for others. Generations for Generations. Peace to your and yours, one King to another.

One Man’s Opinion said...

When I rains it pours, huh? I know that is lame, but it is all I could think of to say. Happy New Year, anyway, bro.

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

NoRegrets
thanks hon and have a blessed 2009

Sista GP
it is greatly appreciated

KELSO'S NUTS
may take u up on that offer

Lina
thank u very much sister

Rich Fitzgerald
u know i will folk

RealHustla
thank was beautiful

Urban Thought
thanks folk

Kieya
and where have u been?

fly tie
thanks honey im up in spirits again

msladydeborah
i will and thank much

nicki nicki tembo
always folk

Hampton06
nope not yet and u be blessed this new years as well

rainywalker
thank u Dante (poet of the hills)

Saule Wright
i will try and try and do my best thanks folk


One Man’s Opinion
thanks man i will keep my head up

404 said...

You have my condolences for the transition of your Great-Aunt Peedy.

These are additional war wounds, all great leaders have them.

Keep your boots tight, shoulders back and head held high. I trust that you and your seeds will stay in light & love, regardless of the circumstances.

*lookin for my 1.5's*

Mo said...

at school, makin those good grades

Unknown said...

Yea seem like you been going through it. Sorry to hear about your auntie.

Anonymous said...

Stay strong...I was just looking through some cd's today and found Gill and thought damn...I haven't heard this in a while...

keep the dust off ya feet...

P_LOCA said...

::::hugs::
sorry I haven't been on your spot to show you some love...I have been busy and not well but this is a great post..I am so sorry about your lost ..you're a strong man and I can tell...

Anonymous said...

Stay positive Dawg! Although you may feel you are in a battle of good an evil, I would have to say you are drawing negative energy to yourself by your thoughts or actions or inactions. Negative energies can be brought upon oneself by negative thoughts - although the thoughts may never be spoken. Be conscious of all your actions and be even more conscious of all your thoughts. . . . you will have to begin to bring positive energy into your life very soon!

Blessings for 2009 my spirtual brother! Peace, Light and Love to you and yours. . . CordieB.

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

Red Snapper
thanks lol on 1.5s


Kieya
good to hear that

memphiz
thanks hon

Cheron L. Hall
will do scholar and thanks


Blogger P_LOCA
thanks sister

cordieb
thanks hon, i will take your advice albeit i dont think Ra did or though negative - some times they are challenges to fortify integrity

Angel said...

Sorry to hear all these bad things happening at once...perhaps they will be the only bad things to happen this year to you - I will pray for that :)

ChocolateOrchid said...

Keep ya head up!! Stay in the fight!!

Peace and blessings!

oakleyses said...

oakley vault, louis vuitton, christian louboutin, louis vuitton outlet, michael kors outlet store, nike air max, coach purses, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet online, gucci handbags, louis vuitton outlet online, true religion, louis vuitton handbags, michael kors outlet online sale, coach outlet store online, christian louboutin outlet, kate spade outlet, burberry outlet online, nike free, burberry outlet online, louis vuitton outlet, christian louboutin shoes, polo ralph lauren, ray ban sunglasses, nike outlet, michael kors outlet online, prada handbags, red bottom shoes, jordan shoes, chanel handbags, coach outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, ray ban outlet, kate spade outlet online, michael kors handbags, tiffany jewelry, nike air max, longchamp outlet online, prada outlet, longchamp handbags, tory burch outlet online, true religion outlet, longchamp outlet, oakley sunglasses, cheap oakley sunglasses, tiffany and co jewelry, coach outlet

5689 said...

zzzzz2018.11.5
nike shoes
longchamp outlet
canada goose
pandora charms
christian louboutin outlet
manolo blahnik
jordan clothing
true religion jeans outlet
supreme clothing
moncler outlet