Tuesday, April 25, 2006

scientificin’ writing, and chiefn

sorry been writing fiction lately
I had a dream, I had won both the Pulitzer and the Nobel prizes in the same year, and I was on TV talking to some mother fucka who obviously knew my name for he recanted, “Dr. Torrance Stephens.” And I interrupted “ Torrance, T, or All-mi-T.” He continued.
“Torrance, don’t know if this has ever happened before, what do u say about it.”

I think in my dream he had a beard – red and glasses with Mel Kipper hair. None the less, the interview continued.

“And your answer?”
“Well, I’m honored main, and I thank my family and folks, god by nature. But for real though main, I don’t give a fuck. The checks nice and shit but a nigga rather be with his family, scientificin’ writing, and chiefin’”

“But certainly, both the Pulitzer and Nobel for literature in poetry, drama and fiction – unheralded. Sure you are esteemed.”

“Thanks again, but I’m not steamed, I mean it’s cool, an honor like I indicated previously, A nigga just aint excited, aint like my 7-8 year old baseball team winning with the last at bat. It aint main and a nigga just happy main.”

“So what is it from here, I mean dang”, he said with the incantation of a foreigner from Europe who had learned to speak English in a school.

“Main, I don’t know…naw, check that do I qualify for president I’ll do that. Am nigga I know and some assorted folk would vote for me main.”

“President, are you serious you , you are a writer?”

“You wanted to say black didn’t you nigga?”

“You are serious?”

“Yep, and tight too, when was the last time you had a president conversant and at least three languages which did not include Spanish, let alone a scientist – i'm the anti Bill Frist main.”

“Back to you writing?”

“Yawl saltines always trying to change the subject…….


I woke up then. Made me realize I don’t desire fame ‘cause I don’t want to be interviewed like I’m famous or something, when I could be with my family, scientificin’ writing, and chiefin’”.


12 comments:

Adei von K said...

LOL
I'd vote for you for prez ANYDAY!!!

i like liquor and tv said...

lol@that dream

I agree, I NEVER want to be famous...just rich.

Tenacious said...

Thanks for stopping by :-)

Soulfull said...

LOL@“Yawl saltines always trying to change the subject……. LOL!

Anonymous said...

Fame is what you make of it, as long as you don't let it go to your head and get a big ego, why not? And I'll vote for you anyday, T! lol

E.R. Carpenter said...

Damn Torrance. You takin' Ambien or what?

Rell said...

lol @ the mel kiper jr. picture...

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

nae E-Man, but I chief. lol

Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

oakleyses said...

oakley vault, louis vuitton, christian louboutin, louis vuitton outlet, michael kors outlet store, nike air max, coach purses, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet online, gucci handbags, louis vuitton outlet online, true religion, louis vuitton handbags, michael kors outlet online sale, coach outlet store online, christian louboutin outlet, kate spade outlet, burberry outlet online, nike free, burberry outlet online, louis vuitton outlet, christian louboutin shoes, polo ralph lauren, ray ban sunglasses, nike outlet, michael kors outlet online, prada handbags, red bottom shoes, jordan shoes, chanel handbags, coach outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, ray ban outlet, kate spade outlet online, michael kors handbags, tiffany jewelry, nike air max, longchamp outlet online, prada outlet, longchamp handbags, tory burch outlet online, true religion outlet, longchamp outlet, oakley sunglasses, cheap oakley sunglasses, tiffany and co jewelry, coach outlet

oakleyses said...

jimmy choo shoes, insanity workout, ugg soldes, nike trainers, canada goose outlet, ugg boots, north face jackets, lululemon outlet, canada goose outlet, herve leger, ugg boots clearance, hollister, north face jackets, mont blanc pens, giuseppe zanotti, replica watches, vans outlet, nfl jerseys, new balance outlet, birkin bag, celine handbags, ghd, soccer shoes, ugg outlet, wedding dresses, ugg outlet, mcm handbags, ferragamo shoes, instyler ionic styler, longchamp, marc jacobs outlet, chi flat iron, soccer jerseys, uggs outlet, canada goose outlet, valentino shoes, p90x workout, mac cosmetics, asics shoes, beats headphones, reebok shoes, ugg, nike roshe, babyliss, bottega veneta, abercrombie and fitch, nike huarache, canada goose, uggs on sale