Tuesday, March 17, 2009

May as well tax my farts

Yo, before I start, I wanna thank the President for revisiting and accepting that his recovery plan over looked the folks who produce 80% of the job creation in America – small business owners like me. I appreciate that, although many of us don’t have SBA loans and save our own loot to start our own businesses – like me. So you can still do a little more. Second, glad you finally addressed them original gangsters, I mean bankers I spoke about in my last post with respect to AIG. Now to make a lot of folk happy, press some criminal charges for their criminal behavior. But unfortunately, I have something else I want to say about one of your proposals.

Namely what you speak of in your recover plan (by now I am sure that everyone has read it) regarding legislation to create a cap and trade system on greenhouse gas emissions for the production of energy. Now dumb azz me wants to know what the fuck is a cap and trade system on greenhouse gas emissions? And why does it seems that Carol Browner seem to be able to foster this position without the economist on your team having a say so on this proposal?

I worry both about the short and long term economic impact of mandating energy company’s pay for the right to emit carbon dioxide. To me taxing the release of carbon is a carbon tax that will be passed out to folk like me who hurting the most. This is really just an increases in the cost of energy for not only will production and transportation cost go up but also the cost of staples such as food. For we all know the few manufactures left in America will either pass these costs along to the customer (higher prices) or layoff folk.

Obama’s administration is proposing goals and timelines for reduction of greenhouse gases, primarily carbon dioxide. If so, to me this is saying your recovery plan is designed to make unemployment higher and encourage less economic growth. Maybe the President should stop kicking it with the man who lost his own state when he ran for the Presidency and the self proclaimed inventor of the internet Al Gore. Because to me, this sounds like some Al Gore shit. That’s right; him and his folks are SELLING Carbon credits via his new company.

And don’t hate, all I am saying that President Barack Obama’s plan to raise taxes on greenhouse gas polluters (big industry) will just be a tax increase for all. I mean at least think that the possibility exist that these big companies as all normally do, will just mean higher electric bills. I’m sure the President will raise his anticipated $646 billion over 10 years, but at the cost of folk here who will have given a trillion dollars to big banks and Wall Street companies. Because derivative traders the likes that grew out of the Enron school of thought will end up with more loot in their hands - Wall St. crooks. Because this will have the greatest impact on the utility rates of states that depend mostly on electricity from fossil-fuels and them that produce fossil fuels for power generation. Then folk speak of transparency but I don’t see it since the after hour market trading will inevitably just raise up the cost. My query is why pick on carbon? Shit, there are a lot more pollutants more harmful than carbon like mercury and arsenic. I’m still trying to find out when CO2 became an environmental problem.

So for me, its just hard to figure out how the Obama budget will work or is factual seeming that it is purported on getting billions from a program that doesn't exist and for which no legislation is written for. Especially after reading the MIT report on the subject (which says you wont raise as much loot as the administration claims). Maybe I should be looking at Harlem Nights or Baldwin Heights or one of them other BET shows, or maybe even Chris Brown. Naw fuck the dumb shit, if I don’t keep on keeping on, they will be taxing my farts next – they admit carbon too.

22 comments:

Nicki_nik said...

Well what can I say, he's definitely taxing the crap out of everything. April 1st will be fun when I get my paycheck.

I'm all for the environment, but heavily taxing companies that produce things that people use in life doesn't really increase your GDP. Plus that only influence companies to move to other places to produce enhancing other's economies.

On a side note, I went to that stimulus package roundtable and it turned into this guy who is a Union Rep trying to get me to write my US Representative to pass a bill making it easier to form Unions. I'm like uhh 'no', I was under the impression we were going to discuss the stimulus and just on GP I wasn't going to do it because I pissed that you had me come to a meeting that had an alterior motive...!

Okay I'm done venting :-)

Anonymous said...

No comment on President B, I'm still waiting to see if any of this stuff that I don't think will work, will work. You feel me.

As for all these new terms they try and slide into the market to make us feel good about getting jacked, I don't like them either. Whether you say "hitting the skins", "getting the draws", "tapping the poonani", or just "boning", the bottom line is someone is getting fucked.

dc_speaks said...

ok you made some good points.

i'll give you that. yes, for the most part when we buy into global warming theories, we get antsy about carbon levels.

i still want to believe that big companies will suck it up and not move to mexico. especially because they will still get the tax breaks for keeping their business here. seems like it will come out about the same anyway.

still optimistic about this presidency.

lol@taxin ur farts. wth?!

Monroe Anderson said...

Torrance: And what do you think will happen to our taxes after global warming creates a higher ocean level that puts New York City, New Orleans and most of California under water?

Jay Midnyte said...

Wow the carbon tax is already here? Looks like Alex Jones was right again... I thought this was coming down the line... when they actually had solid evidence to conclude humans are the cause of "climate change"

Anonymous said...

Bossman, I concur with you that this dumb ass bankers do not get what the layman are going through.

As I was reading your piece, 73 AIG executives were given one million dollars worth of bonuses each. Now, I dont know about other bloggers opinion, this shit is getting really ludicrous. Someone has to put a leach on these knuckle-heads ass because they dont get a clue as to what poor people are going through.

The notion of using tax payers money to pay these criminals is something I cannot farthom., I guess the so-called vigilante agency that the government set-up may be culpable as well in fraudulent practices. Why? I dont know why is taking the government ages to bring these ÖB" as you call it to justice.

Tha BossMack TopSoil said...

I waiting for tha twist, I feel it comming. I hope I'm wrong.

Chanel said...

since we are taxing people left and right lets raise the tax on beef. raising cattle for the purposes of burgers/steaks etc is the number one producer of methane in the country, which leads to the production of carbon dioxide. tax that shit, and your farts too. im not usually a preachy vegetarian (no, seriously, im not) but just had to put my two cents in bout that. and fuck chris brown

4GOTTEN1 said...

I'm just wondering how would you begin to regulate and tax for carbon dioxide? All of this extra taxing and for what is it really going to help anything? I think it's time we had another TEA PARTY or something.

Kellybelle said...

I heard somethong on one of htose shows that said energy costs will go up, then everyone will go out and buy more efficient furnaces and what not and then energy costs will go down because we'll be more efficient.

This economic thing is like birth: there are only one or two ways out and both of them hurt.

Anonymous said...

You ask "what the fuck is a cap and trade system on greenhouse gas emissions". I say some more masturbation. Not really sure if paying conscience money is a means toward the goal of ending global warming

But even if we go with the premise that CO2 is the most flagrant environmental offender then what is known is that plant life act as a sink for it. But for how long have we seen lands cleared for strip malls, subdivisions and the like.

GOODENess said...

EVERY single time I come here, I learn something! This is amazing!

Anonymous said...

LoL. Simply amazing- the information I learn when I'm visiting your spot!!! Thanks for keeping us informed. Taxing carbons. . . I've heard it all.

Anonymous said...

Hi honey-bunny! (you talk a good hard guy game, but you're a HB)

I just stopped in to say hello. Hope the store is thriving. I have a Siamese sweetheart named Chica now - maybe I'll get some treats when I have a little cash.

No comment in your post. Deliberately - no comment.

Babz Rawls Ivy said...

Oh you are so witty :)
So very witty :)

Anonymous said...

Everything is such a mess right now. Nobody has the answer and the ones who think they do are just throwing around stupid ideas that only hurt the middle class people of America.

rainywalker said...

High methane pig farts product more BTU's than beef or chicken and would have a higher tax.

Jay Midnyte said...

i guess they gon continue to rape us wit no rubber until we man the fuck up

KELSO'S NUTS said...

Torrance: Please stop writing so MUCH truth about everything. Maybe it's better to do it Johnny Cash style "One Piece At A Time."

Just as I've had trouble finding one word Obama spoke during the campaign that was NOT a lie, I have trouble finding one word in the post that isn't the TRUTH.

"Taxing the bonuses" Puh-leeze. The correct term is "Okey-doke," si o no? Expansion of government confiscatory powers while addressing NONE of the UNDERLYING CRIMINIALITY!

"Al Gore, Jr and the carbon emmissions credit futures market? All you have to do is read EARTH IN THE BALANCE to know what a two-face that guy is. The Nobel Prize? Over Admiral Fallon or Ingrid Betancourt? You must be joking.

Yes, I know all about Al Gore, Jr. "Mending fences, literally and figuratively"? Uhh...not exactly? Meeting in New York with law firm, and E & Y or somesuch to set up hedge-fund for this very thing. Yes. How do I know that? I AM A F**KING HEDGE FUND MANAGER!

Anonymous said...

Wazzup Brotha T!

How's 'Braincell' going for you my friend? I hope business is well.

There's a lot of taxing going on and we paying for the mess that we don't create. Obama talking all good, so hopefully he can back up his ambitions.

oakleyses said...

coach outlet, michael kors outlet online sale, nike air max, tiffany jewelry, michael kors outlet store, michael kors handbags, christian louboutin shoes, tory burch outlet online, prada handbags, kate spade outlet online, michael kors outlet, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, christian louboutin outlet, christian louboutin, nike air max, gucci handbags, louis vuitton handbags, michael kors outlet online, prada outlet, jordan shoes, burberry outlet online, coach outlet, ray ban sunglasses, true religion outlet, michael kors outlet online, chanel handbags, louis vuitton outlet online, red bottom shoes, louis vuitton, oakley vault, ray ban outlet, kate spade outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, nike outlet, longchamp outlet online, tiffany and co jewelry, burberry outlet online, nike free, polo ralph lauren, longchamp handbags, longchamp outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, true religion, louis vuitton outlet, coach purses, coach outlet store online

oakleyses said...

chi flat iron, ugg, ugg outlet, uggs on sale, asics shoes, p90x workout, vans outlet, herve leger, celine handbags, valentino shoes, replica watches, lululemon outlet, giuseppe zanotti, ugg boots, nike trainers, ferragamo shoes, jimmy choo shoes, soccer jerseys, wedding dresses, mont blanc pens, soccer shoes, mcm handbags, beats headphones, north face jackets, ugg boots clearance, reebok shoes, canada goose, abercrombie and fitch, north face jackets, instyler ionic styler, mac cosmetics, ugg soldes, nfl jerseys, ugg outlet, insanity workout, babyliss, canada goose outlet, canada goose outlet, birkin bag, bottega veneta, new balance outlet, canada goose outlet, longchamp, nike huarache, ghd, hollister, uggs outlet, marc jacobs outlet, nike roshe